Monday, April 19, 2010

Life is a party!

So this has been a CRAZY week! I´ve never been so busy in all my life, and what´s more is that I´ve never been happier. That´s always something to be doing which is kind of stressing but it´s also gratifying and rewarding. But ya, this week I had Zone Conference, interviews with Pres. Olsen, and I gave a talk in Church yesterday. Life is just a party and a half!

Zone Conference was on Wednesday and I absolutely loved it. I learn so much every time and I always have a lot more excitement after the Conference to apply all the things we´ve learned. I think my favorite part was when Pres. Olsen talked about the story of David and Goliath. We put ourselves in his shoes because each one of us has our own giants to overcome. How true is that!

También we had our interviews with Pres. Olsen the day after. We talked about the conference and a little more about how we can apply it to the misión work. . Olsen is the best! He ends the misión in about 2 more months. I´m really going to miss him and Hna. Olsen. But it should be exciting to have a new misión president.

So I gave a talk in Church yesterday which was one of the scariest things of my life. I don´t know why public speaking freaks me out but it´s 10 times scarier in Castellano, let me tell you! I had ten minutes to talk and I didn´t know how I could do it. I was so stinkin´ scared! But then I remember something my wise, loving mother said, ¨You can´t have faith with fear!¨ A truer statement, I´ve never heard. So I tried it out and put all my trust in God. And you want to know what happened, I talked for fifteen minutes. I got up there and I was actually enjoying myself. It was the wierdest thing ever! I was saying things that I hadn´t even planned and reading scriptures that I didn´t even write down. I could definitely feel the Spirit teaching through me. I am 100% convinced that God knows our fears and weaknesses, and if we just put ALL our trust in Him, He can make our weaknesses become strong. I love the misión, I love you, and I love the Lord.

Les amo,

Hna. Ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment