Monday, April 19, 2010

Letter from last month

March 22, 2010 (Sent but not rec’d until April 19, 2010 when it was resent))


So we’re just going to start by getting this delightful piece of information out of the way… I have a mullet. Yep, a real mini-female mullet. It’s nothing hard-core like Billy Ray Cyrus, but it’s definitely noticeable. Hna. Olsen, the misión president’s wife, saw my hair and preceded to tell me about the worst haircuts in the misión that she has ever seen. But she told me that mine wasn’t ¨that¨ bad. You’re probably asking why did you get a mullet? Well, that is a very good question. I decided long ago to not get my hair cut in the misión because there are a lot of mullets here. But we have a member here that cuts hair, and she kept asking me when I was going to come. I kept putting it off, but I think I offended her; so we went. I kept trying to tell her that I like my hair long and she took it that I wanted a mullet. So i lost about half of my hair but it’s still the same length. Ya, it’s pretty much amazing. Be jealous!


And this last week my companion lost her money, all of which was her food money for the month. So I split mine with her which means no more daily facturas or helado or galletas. I think I’m getting a lot grumpy because I miss my sugar. But I am eating healthy again with plenty of fruits and vegetables and such.


And after a month without my trainer, I finally got lost. We had to find a member’s house that I only went to once with Hna. Brown, my trainer. And it was about thirty minutes away in the Campana. And I kind of forgot where the house was, so we had to call our district leader to call Hna. Brown to tell us where to go. It was kind of embarrassing, but I was way stoked to talk to her again. And it turns out that I just took a wrong turn somewhere, so I wasn’t too far away from the house. But ya, it was great fun being lost for ten minutes.


The excitement of the week is that we had two Splashes in our district this week. A splash is where the whole district goes to one area and helps out those missionaries. So I went to Arguello this week, and the other elders came to La Calera. It was a lot of fun! It’s interesting to see the other areas in Cordoba, but I’m pretty convinced that La Calera is the best! But we found out that splashes are not allowed any more in the misión because we ran into the assistants to the misión president and they pretty much dropped the cane on us. They told President, but he was fine with it because he said we were going to find a family. And we did find a family! They are pretty amazing. But ya, I enjoyed it.


That’s pretty much all the excitement here! I’m just trying to work hard, be obedient, and have faith that we’ll find people to share the gospel with. But ya, I miss you and love you. The Church is true!


Les amo,

Hna. Ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment