Monday, October 4, 2010

I thank you!

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! I´m pretty much convinced that General Conference is better than opening presents on Christmas morning!! Let´s just list some of the great tender mercies that I was blessed to receive this last weekend.


  1. Reunion with Villa Independencia. I get to see all of the members from my old area and I got to see 6 of my investigators that I found and taught that had been baptized since I´ve been in La Calera. I had never been so happy! I got to hug them and talk with them and I was pretty much close to tears. They all told me that they are excited when I return. (If it happened with La Calera, maybe it can happen with Villa Independencia.)
  2. Roadtrip with La Calera. So we all got to load up in an old school city bus and we all went together to the Conference. It was so much fun. I felt like I was in Primary School again. I got to sit in the back of the bus and kept getting out of my seat to talk to all of the members. I absolutely love the members in La Calera. I feel like they´re part of my extended family (just a lot more tanned!).
  3. We had three of our investigators that came to the conference and loved it. One of them had to leave early and that was pretty stressful for me because I didn´t know that he had left because I was in the english session. But he said that he liked it and we hope that he makes it to his baptism date.
  4. I got to watch three sessions of conference in English and one in Spanish. I was planning on watching them all in english, but the members wanted us to stay and watch one with them. And i´m going to be completely honest and tell you that I didn´t understand everything in spanish but i understood most of it. It was kind of interesting to watch it in spanish but it´s definitely better to watch it in english because you can hear the emotion in the speakers´voices and the dramatic pauses in the most important parts. So COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!! You probable never thought about watching conference in your native language as a blessing, but it is a huge blessing. You jsut don´t realize it until you don´t have it.
  5. We got to talk to the other hermanas that are in Villa Independencia. And this might sound like nothing but it´s exactly a huge thing for me. We are the only hermanas in our district and in our zone. So I never get to see the other hermanas. So when we see the other hermanas misioneras, we just love to catch up on everything that is happening.
  6. I received my package from Mom and I got to wear my new shirts to the conference and eat a peanut butter and banana sándwich for lunch. It was delicious and it felt great to wear new clothes without stains or holes in it. So ya, thanks mom!
  7. And for the tender mercy mas grande was the talks in General Conference. They were absolutely amazing. And I love how the Brethren say things that are just meant for me and exactly what I need. I always love to bring questions to Conference and search for the answers. And without fail, they always answer all my questions and they do it specifically. I think my favorite talk was given by Pres. Eyring about how we can trust in God. It is something that I´m working on and struggling with it. Because I know if i put all my trust in Him, and less in myself, we will see more miracles and baptisms. But Pres. Eyring helped me receive revelation through the Holy Ghost that I need for the missionary work in La Calera. Now I just need to apply it and see the miracles.

There are a ton of more blessings that I saw in the conference but i think you get the big Picture. I absolutely love learning from the counsel and wisdom of the Prophet and the 12 Apostles. I know that they are men called of God. And if we just listen to their Word and apply their words, we will be blessed. So I would like to do my part and apply the words of our beloved Prophet, Pte. Monson. I just like to give my gratitude to everyone that is supporting me in the misión. Thank you for the letters, for the packages, for your counsel, for your love, for your examples, and most importantly, thank you for your prayers. I can honestly feel the stregnth of your prayers. I love you and pray for you daily. I thank my family – my parents, my siblings and their familias, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, my church leaders, my teachers, my friends, and everyone that inspires me to be a better person. I thank you and I love you! I know this Church is true and it brings us the peace and joy that we need in our lives.


Press Forward,

Hna. Ellsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment