Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hogar Dulce Hogar

So I officially feel like La Calera has become my home away from home. I can honestly leave my apartment in the morning and walk by about 5 people that I have talked to before. I know the post man, the vegetable boys, the meat man, the Chinese people at the grocery store, the policemen, the bread lady, and everybody else that I have invited to come unto Christ. I often have that one song from ¨Beauty and the Beast¨ called ¨Bonjour¨ stuck in my head. ¨Every morning just the same, since the morning that we came…¨ And then I have to repent and think of a hymn to sing in my head. But it’s pretty crazy in that everybody knows us. We´re pretty much just those ¨two blond gringas that talk weird and are always talking to people about a blue book.¨ I pretty much love the misión!

So we have been working pretty diligently with this kid named Gustavo. He’s pretty Evangelist but has a sincere desire to follow Christ. So we’ve been trying to teach him, and he likes the Book of Mormon but is not so sure about Joseph Smith. It’s kind of interesting because it’s impossible to have a testimony of one without the other. But he says that he’s praying for an answer about Joseph Smith, but that he is waiting for an answer. And it’s interesting because we have been teaching him with different members and each one, when they heard that, read the scripture in Moroni 10:4-5. So now he has heard that scripture about 5 different times. But you have to love that scripture. It’s something that I have been studying and focusing on more. With just three things – faith in Jesus Christ, real intention, and a sincere heart – we can know the truth of all things. What a powerful promise! But we went to his church last week because he went to General Conference. It was very interesting, and it reminded me of an email that my sister sent me. She summed it up perfectly. And I really don´t think I could explain it better than her. So here you go… Sis. Ellsworth in Orlando said, ¨Satan will never put us in a situation that makes us grow. It is only through God that we will learn and grow and progress within ourselves. I realized that yesterday when we attended another church. We met a man that said he'd come to our church if we came to his. So we went to Fellowship Orlando, a non-denominational church. It was quite interesting. I felt like I was at an EFY dance. Weird, huh? But although they sung songs of praise and the saving grace of God, not teaching anything that is false doctrine, I realized that nothing that was said helped us to improve ourselves. It was just words of praise and words describing the wonders of God. I'm glad to be in the true church and learn of the full gospel of Jesus Christ that helps us know how to improve, how to grow, how to see our potential and the way to obtain that potential.¨ I would like to add my testimony to hers that I know that this church is true and that our Heavenly Father gives us the great blessing to learn and grow. I am so grateful to improve myself in the misión. It´s not the easiest thing in the world, but it’s definitely worth it. El Reino de Dios o Nada!

Les amo,
Hna. Ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment