Monday, July 5, 2010

Feliz Dia de Independencia!

We celebrated 4th of July yesterday by eating a delicious American meal of bbq steak, Mashed potatoes, Corn-on-the-cob, and green salad. And we finished it up with chocolate cake and ice cream. It was pretty much amazing! And it was even more delicious because I hadn´t eaten any sugar or fat for about a week. I´m trying to follow this diet with Hna. Widmer. Which pretty much means we can´t eat anything except pasta, rice, vegetables, and specific fruit. And i´m a big fan of these food but it´s hard to eat them without sauces or butter or something unhealthy on top of it. Oh well, I´m trying to eat healthy. It´s kind of a struggle but I´m learning.


Other highlights of this week is that we recieved our new misión president. I haven´t met him yet but the Elders in the misión office told us that there will be a ton of changes. It should be exciting… And i can´t remember if i already said this, but he is from Buenos Aires, Argentina but he knows perfect English. I´m sure that will come in handy. But ya, I should meet him this week because we have Zone Conference with him. I´ve very excited to see the changes that will happen.


We´re trying to keep busy this week with working with our investigadores and the members. We have an activity coming up for 16 de Julio. My companion and I are in charge, so we´re excited to do something new and different. So if you have any fun ideas or activities about ¨Working Together,¨ send them my way. We´re going to stay busy with making decorations, invitations, planning, activities, cooking, and all of that other fun stuff. It should be a ton of fun and I´m way excited!


We´re working with a young man named Augusto. He is preparing to get baptized this month. He´s amazing because he is going to church, praying, and reading the scriptures. And the greatest thing is that you can see a change in him every week. All of his family and friends have seen this huge change in him. So we´re very excited for him and we´re just happy to be working in La Calera together again! I hope all is well with everyone!


Les kiero,

Hna. Ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment