Monday, September 13, 2010

Vale la Pena

So we got transfers last week and guess what?! I have another transfer with Hna. Mortensen in La Calera. I thought I might be transferred out because i reached my ¨expiration date¨ in La Calera. You are usually allowed six months in an area and then you get transferred. But I have some things unresolved here, and I know someone is waiting for me to be baptized. So now I just have to go find them. And the best part is that I can party with one of my best friends in Argentina for six more weeks. Life doesn´t get much better than this.


So this week, we had a misión conference because the area president, Pte. Arnold came to make some new changes. And we are going to see a lot of new changes in the misión and I´m way excited! They changed the Schedule of our p-day, and planning meeting, and district meeting. And they gave us a lot of good counsel on how to teach our investigators better. It was a very spiritual and powerful meeting. We are already applying some of the things that we learned and we are seeing the miracles! We were excited to see two familias in the church yesterday that are part members and investigators. Both of these familias are menos activo and haven´t gone to church for a long time. But we passed by them Saturday and taught the things that we learned in the misión conference and it worked! They came to church and felt the Spirit. It was so cool to see the difference in their lives. They were so much happier! Yep, the gospel blesses lives. There´s no doubt it!


I´m so happy to have another transfer here. I feel like the members are a part of my family. There´s one member named Hno. Rodriguez that is a mix between my Uncle Lowell and Hno. Hatch but he´s latino. It´s crazy but way funny. He is always making fun of me. He tells me that I need to learn how to cook or I´ll never get married. You gotta love that latino honesty! But he told me that he would make me an asado for my birthday, which is months away! I´m very excited! I´m teaching his wife how to play the piano andi t is hard work. I have found out that i´m horrible at playing the piano and teaching it! But now I have a new calling in the branch – playing the piano for sacrament meeting. Since I reactived the chorister, I don´t have to lead the music. But now i get to play. So maybe you can keep me in your prayers to give me the gift of music talent. I think Rachel robbed all my piano skills in the family! But ya, I love the members in La Calera!!


And we are working with some interesting people. We ha done day that I would probably just describe as hippies, evangelists, and Catholics. We got yelled at, cursed out, or condemned to outer Darkness by three different religions in just one morning. It´s hard work to be a missionary sometimes, but it´s definitely worth it. Vale la pena, is how they say it here. I´ve recently learned that everything that is worth something, it is also hard in that you have to work for it. It reminds me of the quote in our family room that says, ¨I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.¨ For the first time in my life, that quote just clicked. The misión, and life in general, is hard. But it definitely is worth it! I love the gospel and I love you all. Siga adelante!


Les kiero,

Hna. ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment