Friday, January 1, 2010

Last Day in America!!!

So I don't really know what I should write you in my last three days in America. I feel like they should be words of wisdom and inspiration, but my mind comes to a blank. So we're going to have another installment of Top 10 Things. This time it'll be the Top 10 Things that I've Been Grateful for in the MTC!!! Yep! Be excited!

1. This is actually a shout out to my mother, so everybody else can ignore and skip to the next one. Mom, here is the moment you've been waiting for after 12 years of complaining and whining... I am grateful that you made me learn the piano. Yep, that was really hard for me to say, but it's finally out there. I have played in every sacrament meeting with my zone here in the MTC, which has gotten me out of plenty of singing duets and quartets. Gracias, madre, gracias.

2. I am grateful that I got to spend my birthday here in the MTC. It was my first day and a day I will never forget. It was one of the best birthdays ever and I never even heard the Happy Birthday song once. It was kind of exciting because I got to show around the new sisters who came in this week. That was me eight weeks ago. It's crazy how time flies when your'e having fun!

3. I am grateful to have spent Thanksgiving in the MTC. I love spending all the main holidays in the MTC because I got to focus on the true meanings of the holiday which are all centered around Christ. I loved spending Thanksgiving with Elder Holland and serving others.

4. Hna. Dickey aka my companion. Seriously tho. I have heard horror stories about companions and I am so lucky that I got a cool one for the MTC. We've already decided that we're going to be friends after the mission and watch Anne of Green Gables b/c we're pretty much kindred spirits. (We usually play the role of Anne and Diana whenever we are pretend investigators. i love it!)

5. I am grateful to have spent another holiday in the MTC. Christmas in the MTC was possibly the best Christmas I've ever heard. I missed my family like heck and I wanted to dress up like a Wicked Nephite so bad, but I was glad to be in the MTC.

6. Eating with the Natives was one of my favorite things to do. I never could understand a word they were saying, but we've decided we're going to be friends. We all wrote down each other names and they told me they want to add me as a friend on Facebook. It was possibly the happiest moment of my life!

7. I feel blessed to have heard from four different Apostles. I have heard from all of them in person from General Conference but it was so much more personal in the MTC. It felt like they were just talking to me and not the other 2,000 missionaries in the room. I loved it!

8. New Years Day in the MTC was tons of fun. Of course, I did go to bed by 10:30 and I couldn't find any Martinelli's to drink, but it was still tons of fun. Thanks to my sisters, I had the opportunity to kill about a dozen baby ducks. (Sorry for the inside joke, but shout out to Allison and Rachel). Thanks for making my New Year's Eve special!

9. I was also grateful to have 2 Days in the Field and then a Testimony Meeting with my District afterwards. A day in the field in the MTC is where you get to skip classes and such and just teach all day! It was so much fun! I got to teach the 1st and 2nd lesson about a dozen times each. I am so stoked to go to Argentina and do it for real! And the testimony meeting with my district and teachers was amazing. The Spirit was so strong.

10. And lastly, I am grateful for this opportunity to Come unto Christ. I have loved the chance to get to study hours everyday in the scriptures and Preach My Gospel and strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I'm glad to finally be here on a mission!

Anyways, that is my last email that I send you from America!! How awesome is that! thanks for all your love and support and just know that I love you and miss you! The Church is true!

Le amo,
Hna. Ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment