Monday, May 16, 2011

Dia de Bruja

Aqui andamos. Another week has gone and passed and we continue to see a ton of miracles! We are excited for this week and all our plans. We have an intercambio with the hermanas and I´m going to work with my old companion Hna. Martinez for a couple of days here in Villa Independencia. We are also preparing for the ¨Somos Locos por Locro¨ activity for the 25 de mayo. We are also preparing for a baptism this weekend and we hope all goes well with that. It´s going to be an amazing week just like this last one! And this is how it went down.

Friday the 13th - I think that I have bad luck. I have had it for the last two weeks and it all started when i lost my credit cards and phone in La Falda. And the bad luck has continued with that. I ran out of money and then hot water and then gas for the stove and then my shoes broke and all that good stuff. I told the Flia. Chacon that i had bad luck and they scolded me and told me that there was no such thing as bad luck. And then I responded that the next day was Friday the 13th aka el día de mala suerte here. It was quite comical. And I even saw a black cat and it rained and some other bad luck happened. But now that i think about it, it was a good day because we saw a lot of miracles. We ended the day with a Family Home Evening with a Menos Activo family. We ate Grido and Pizza and had a good time together. There were 15 of them and we taught about Testimonios and the Restoration. The Spirit was there and we had fun.

Flia Romero Bautismo - So we are getting all ready for another baptism of the Romero family. We are baptizing Carmen and two of her nieces - Carolina and Sandra. Hopefully everythign works out all right. Carmen has already planned her whole baptism. We told her that we would take care of everything. But she asked the member she wanted to baptize her, and then she invited the members to talk at her baptism, and even told us when we were going to do it without us saying anything. She told us that we were in charge of bringing the pan de banana and the empanadas. I´m alright with that. So we are excited for that and we´ll be preparing for that this week.

Talk in Church - I gave a talk in church yesterday and I think it went well. Hna. Waters gave a talk on Hope and then I talked on Change of Heart and then our mission leader gave a talk on forgiveness. The talks had nothing to do with each other but that´s how it is done here. They think it´s boring if everyone talks on the same subject. Anyways, it was a good sacrament meeting and we had plenty of recent converts and investigators in our gospel principles class. We had the Flia Romero in church and they brought two dogs. It was kind of a mess but it worked out fine. I think Hno. Chacon chased them off. It was also a blessing to see all my converts in church and the three families are preparing to go to the temple in September and then the other one is preparing for his mission in January. I love the miracles that happen! I love the mission and I´m grateful for the opportunity to be here in Villa Independencia in my mission.
Les Kiero,
Hna. Ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment