Monday, November 1, 2010

La Palada Inicial

This week was so amazingly awesome! I am so incredibly blessed to have been here for the ground breaking for the temple of Cordoba. And what more, we were able to have a misión conference with Elder Andersen. So I´m just going to give the highlights of the weekend.

So it started Friday night when some of the hermanas came to sleep over at our pension because they live far away. We had six hermanas in our small pension. The Assistants called it the Hermana Pajama Party (which interestingly enough, is translated the same in spanish.) But ya, we made a small little bonfire in the back pateo and ate smores, bon bons, and chocolate cake. It was pretty fun. And I got to catch up with Hna. Dickey, my companion from the MTC. I love that girl!

But the real highlight of the weekend was the Mission Conference. We all went to the church that is across from Wal-mart and there was about 200 missionaries there. It was crazy!! I saw all of the hermanas in the misión including Hna. Mortensen. And i saw all of the elders from my MTC district and from my other districts. But the best part was to hear the words of a prophet, Elder Andersen. He spoke in spanish and you could see that he struggled with it because he knows spanish, portuguese, and french but the spirit was so incredibly strong. He taught us that we need to focus on the little things to make the great things happen. He is confident in us that we can flouish as a misión and find more people to baptize in Cordoba, Argentina.

My favorite part was when he asked Presidente Salas to translate for him. He switched to english and started testifiying about the Book of Mormon in english. The Spirit was so strong. I know that he is an apostle of God and I was incredibly blessed to shake his hand and hear the words and counsel of him. And then afterwards, he left to go do the ground breaking for the temple. We watched it on the big screen. I honestly can´t believe that I am so blessed to have been here in this time and this place to see them build the temple. The Church is growing in Cordoba, Argentina and we are seeing miracles. We have to keep moving forward in faith and invite all of our brothers and sisters to come unto Christ.

We, Hna. Neff and I, are very excited for this month because it will be the month of families. We really want to focus on the families and teach about the plan of salvation, proclamation to the family, strength of youth, and family history to everyone in Rosedal! We are going to give a lot of resources to the members so that they can share it with their friends and families as well. And we want to finish the month with a huge activity and baptism. We are very excited to see the miracles. We talked to the bishop yesterday and he promised us that if we worked with all of our diligence, then we would see the miracles. And i know that is completely true. Just like one of my best friends always tells me- ( Faith + Work + Obedience = Miracles. )

I know that God lives and Jesus Christ lives. I know this Church is true and that Joseph Smit h was a true prophet that restored the true Church. I know the Book of Mormon is true and we call always find the answers that we need in this life to find peace and happiness. I know that Pres. Monson is a true prophet and that the 12 apostoles are men called of God. I am grateful for the opportunity to hear Elder Andersen and learn from him. I know there is power in prayer and I am so incredibly grateful for your prayers. I can feel your prayers and love here in Argentina. I love you all and I hope you have a great week. Be sure to eat a cake on Thursday for me!


Les kiero

Hna. Ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment