Friday, August 14, 2009

Elizabeth Mae

My first experience as an aunt proved to be an enlightening one. . . babies hate me. I've always had this suspicion but I've carefully avoided babies for the last twenty years to avoid making that suspicion a reality. But for the first time in my life, I finally had a niece. (It's about time!) Elizabeth Mae Miller was born August 12, 2009. Liz was 6 pounds 14 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. Mae's as beautiful as a baby can be. I went to the hospital to hold my favorite niece for the first time and it turns out that Beth was ready for me. I had only been holding Lizzy for about ten seconds before she took a huge dump in her diaper for me. Ten seconds later, Betty decided to do it again. Before I had the chance to hand Lizzy Mae over to her dad for a diaper change, Elizabeth decided to spit up her entire meal. In the thirty-eight seconds I was holding her, Betsy pooped twice and puked on me. What a precious little miracle. I was there for about an hour and half and that minute I held her was the only one that Eliza decided to puke or poop on anyone. Apparently, I'm her favorite.

Moral of the Story - Since Miller has about a dozen different nicknames, I can pretty much call her anything I want. I'm going to go with Harley. Welcome to the world Harley!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...after reading all your options, I'm officially vetoing Beth, Betty, Betsy and Eliza. I'm leaning towards calling her Lizzy McGuire myself. Actually, I want to call her Elizabeth.

    Yeah...apparently when she is around you she can't contain her excitement...or anything else. Tender.

    ReplyDelete