Friday, June 5, 2009

Houseisms

So I have started a new TV series.  Last summer was Gilmore Girils, which is still my absolute favorite show.  This summer is House, also an amazing show but for different reasons.  The best part of the show is Houseisms, and I hope someday to talk like House.  Give or take...

Top Ten Houseisms
"I'm the doctor who's trying to save your son.  You're the mom letting him die.  Clarification.  It's a beautiful thing."

"What are those?  Candy canes?  Are you mocking me?!"

"...there's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up." 

"Humanity is overrated." 

"That's a catchy diagnosis, you could dance to that." 

"There is not a thin line between love and hate. There is --- in fact --- a Great Wall of China with armed sentries posted every 20 feet between love and hate." 

"I know you can't talk, so I need you to look petrified if you consent."

"Do I get extra points if I act like I care?"

(To the mother of a crying baby) "Give her 20 milligrams of antihistamines. It could save her life. Cause if she doesn't shut up, I'll kill her."

"But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem... but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me?"

Moral of the Story:  I respectfully decline to write a moral for this blog in the arguement that there are no morals in House.  How can you not love this show??

No comments:

Post a Comment